[GE users] -p Priority

Bevan C. Bennett bevan at fulcrummicro.com
Wed Aug 9 21:06:40 BST 2006

Christian Fernandez wrote:
> hmm ok. well in the mean time I am going to tell my users to set -p high
> like -p 100 and I can run my test a 0.
> how  can I make the default priority be for example 10? so when I add -p
> 1 runs lower? this will get me by till the stable release.
>
> Thanks.

I'm pretty sure the only way would be to make all users admins, because only
admins are permitted to raise the priority of jobs (including raising them due
to defaults).

We ran into this ugliness as well, which led us to download the source, apply
the patch, and recompile ourselves rather than wait "several months"...