[GE users] Balancing Jobs With Same User/Project

Richard Sexton richard.sexton at thomson.net
Fri Aug 11 18:57:33 BST 2006

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your reply. Fairshare policies seem to carve up the
jobs nicely if they are from two _different_ projects/users but it
still resorts to FIFO if they are from the _same_ project/user. It's
like it runs out of things to share jobs with when user/project are
the same.

Is there not some kind of policy hook just to share among jobs
regardless user or project? You can set a policy for "job" (along
with user, department and project) but this seems only to be for
pending/running jobs.

Richard