[GE users] can't set ulimit during batch jobs

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri Aug 11 21:08:04 BST 2006

Am 11.08.2006 um 17:02 schrieb Mike Packard:

> So is there any way to increase this either permanently on the
> nodes or during a
> job?

On Linux you might want to recompile the lernel, as there is a
definition is in include/linux/fs.h:

#define INR_OPEN 1024                /* Initial setting for nfile
rlimits */

Another option can be to recompile SGE and increase it, when the
rlimits are set anyway. I think it's in daemons/shepherd/setrlimits.c.

-- Reuti