[GE users] Interactive and batch queue preemting eachother

Shruti Iyengar Shruti.Iyengar at synopsys.com
Fri Aug 11 23:56:50 BST 2006

Hi Bevan,

Actually, that's what I thought of first, but then realized it would
mean suspension of running jobs and we don't want that to happen.

Basically, R&D pool in current scenario has to dedicate certain systems
to be interactive while others to be batch...so that load on interactive
machines is light even though no. of interactive sessions are huge...So,
now going to next level, they want to minimize idle time...in other
words, if an interactive system/batch system is sitting idle and another
kind of job is looking for a slot, it should take over....don't want to
mix the two because of type of job and load involved....at any point of
time, it should either be a batch machine or an interactive machine,
depending on whichever took over the system first.

Thanks,
Shruti