[GE users] Interactive and batch queue preemting eachother

Bevan C. Bennett bevan at fulcrummicro.com
Sat Aug 12 00:04:08 BST 2006

Shruti Iyengar wrote:
> Hi Bevan,
>
> Actually, that's what I thought of first, but then realized it would
> mean suspension of running jobs and we don't want that to happen.

This never suspends running jobs. You just can't have both queues active at once
on any given server. The first batch job to hit a queue instance locks out all
interactive jobs from that server and vice versa.

We use this method to implement an 'unshared' queue that only supports one slot
per system