[GE users] qmon segfault

V01D phreakuencies at gmail.com
Sat Aug 12 05:08:55 BST 2006

I finally managed to get it working by changing
XMTINCD and LFLAGS (XINCD didn't seemed to affect qmon's build).

Rayson Ho wrote:
> I just tested with a path pointing to nowhere (->fiona), it works for
> me... (ie. the final link line prints the nowhere path)
>
> In the unmodified aimk:
>   if ($TARGET_BITS == TARGET_32BIT || $BUILDARCH == ALINUX ||
> $BUILDARCH == LINUXIA64) then
>      set XLIBD    = "-L/usr/X11R6/lib/fiona"
>   else
>      set XLIBD    = "-L/usr/X11R6/lib64/fiona"
>   endif
>
> set XINCD    = "$XMTINCD $XINCD -I/usr/X11R6/include/fiona"

Yeah, I figure that would happen, so I took it into account.
My package build script does this:
sed -ri 's|^(set XMTINCD  =) "(.+)"$|\1 "\2 -I/opt/openmotif/include"|'
./aimk
sed -ri 's|(set LFLAGS =) "(.+)"$|\1 "-L/opt/openmotif/lib \2"|g' ./aimk

> What you need is to replace it with your path - if you append
> openmotif's path, then it will not work as the linker always picks up
> the first one.
>
> Rayson

Thanks for your help, my GridEngine package seems to be finally
operational. I just have to test it now.

Matt.