[GE users] Qsub - o behavior

Thomas Gilbert tgilbert at marilyn.chem.niu.edu
Sun Aug 13 19:45:41 BST 2006

  Please forgive what I'm sure is a newbie question, but I am a
newbie, and I've been unable to track down the answer to this via web
searches.

  While no one including the developers appears to discuss this (and
as far as I can tell it's not in the documentation), it appears that
the 'qsub -o" command in SGE 6 appends to the output file rather than
overwriting the output file if it exists. At least, that appears to
be true for my setup (installed SGE binaries on TRU64 5.1A). So, is
this true? And if so, is there any way to override this behavior? I
have several scripts that rely on "qsub -o" being able to overwrite a
file if that file already exists, and I would not enjoy changing them.

  All comments welcome and appreciated.

-Tom Gilbert
--
Thomas M. Gilbert