[GE users] Strange error upon moving config directory

Gregory Brauer greg at wildbrain.com
Tue Aug 15 19:33:46 BST 2006

I have moved the configuration directory for our cluster from
one server to another, and have carefully checked that all
machines can access the new location, have proper permissions,
etc.  The move was done after making sure that all sge_execd
processes were stopped on all machines.  SGE seems to be seeing
all of the configuration files fine, and everything I can see in
qmon looks good.  However, when I go to submit a job, I get a
strange error:

Job submission failed: Unable to run job: cant open file users/.greg: Stale NFS
file handle.

(fyi, "greg" is my username)

that path "users/.greg" makes no sense in our environment... we have
no directories named "users", and I don't know why it would be
looking for a ".username" file.  I have also checked the mounts
and all mounts are working correctly.  I have restarted the
daemons on both the qmaster and the client.  There are no unusual
messages in the daemon messages files.

Does anyone have any hints on where to start looking to track this
down?

I would appreciate any help anyone can offer.

Greg