[GE users] Strange error upon moving config directory

Gregory Brauer greg at wildbrain.com
Tue Aug 15 20:05:23 BST 2006

McCalla, Mac wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 	Assuming this is sge v6, there should be a
> $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/spool/qmaster/users subdirectory used to contain
> entries for users when they submit/run jobs.

Thanks for the response.  This directory was in place and had
permissions configured correctly, but the problem was entirely
my doing.  I had stopped all sge_execd processes, but failed to
stop the qmaster, schedd, and shadowd processes before making
the move.  I restarted those and everything was fine.

Thanks again for the help.

Greg