[GE users] ptf complains: Job does not exist

Thiep Duong Thiep.Duong at am.necel.com
Wed Aug 16 23:24:20 BST 2006

Hi Reuti,

Sorry for the late reply.  I was out of the office and not able to
get to the mails.

> How many users are using qsh at the same time? If you use plain X11,
> they will all connect with a port >=6000. Is there any firewall limiting
> this range? Any additonal info in any of the /var/log files about a
> failed connection on the 'svnc3' or the client 'scblad02'?
We don't have so many user on svnc3 server, only 6-8 users at most, and
the svnc3 is a fully loaded SUN E450 class, and scblad02 doesn't have
more than 2-user/session at any given time.

Andre:  I checked on the fonst, but it wasn't it neither.
         the strange thing is that the same user can still get the session
         on scblad02 if I send the DISPLAY to somewhere else.

DISPLAY problem?  No, becasue I can open qsh session from other scbladxxx

Any other log files to look at to explore where problem may be?

Thiep