[GE users] Re: error: could not get environment variable SGE_QMASTER_PORT or service "sge_qmaster"

Nano Surbakti nano.surbakti at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 10:11:25 BST 2006

I've setup the SGE_QMASTER_PORT on execution host, but the problem
still happen. This is a scrap from my screen:
==========START==========

Checking hostname resolving
---------------------------

Cannot contact qmaster. The command failed:

   ./bin/sol-sparc64/qconf -sh

The error message was:

   error: could not get environment variable SGE_QMASTER_PORT or
service "sge_qmaster"

You can fix the problem now or abort the installation procedure.
The problem can be:

   - the qmaster is not running
   - the qmaster host is down
   - an active firewall blocks your request

Contact qmaster again (y/n) ('n' will abort) [y] >> n

Installation failed
bash-2.05# printenv SGE_QMASTER_PORT
536

I have tried to connect to the port using telnet:

bash-2.05# telnet 167.XXX.XXX.XXX 536
Trying 167.XXX.XXX.XXX..
Connected to 167.XXX.XXX.XXX.

Could you help me out of this problem?