[GE users] gamess info

lukacm at pdx.edu lukacm at pdx.edu
Mon Aug 21 21:02:33 BST 2006

WARNING: This e-mail has been altered by the PSU Mail System.
 An attachment of type application/octet-stream, named
"exam20.gamess.sh" was removed from this e-mail message as it
constituted a potential security hazard.

Various attachment types are used by viruses and/or spammers in an
attempt to compromise your computer's security. As a precaution, we
remove various file types from your incoming e-mail. The types removed
generally have very little real-world use, but are often exploited by
malicious people.

The list we use is one recommended by Microsoft. To see the complete
list, please visit:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;290497

We block all attachments listed on that list, except files ending in a
.exe and .mdb extension.

If you have any questions about this message or viruses in general,
please call the User Support Services Help Desk at 503-725-4357, or
email help at pdx.edu.

    [ Part 2: "Attached Text" ]

Hello,

As i said it worked with rungms. When i run the subgms, it works , it submit the
file but then i get these errors in the gamess error log:

error: executing task of job 3799 failed:
error: commlib error: access denied (client IP resolved to host name "". This is
not identical to clients host name "")
error: executing task of job 3799 failed: failed sending task to
execd at compute-0-6: can't find connection
error: commlib error: access denied (client IP resolved to host name "". This is
not identical to clients host name "")
error: executing task of job 3799 failed: failed sending task to
execd at compute-0-2: can't find connection
error: commlib error: access denied (client IP resolved to host name "". This is
not identical to clients host name "")
error: executing task of job 3799 failed: failed sending task to
execd at compute-0-11: can't find connection
IRCDATA: Undefined variable.
compute-0-12.local: Connection refused
compute-0-6: Connection refused
compute-0-2: Connection refused
compute-0-11: Connection refused

It looks like the main host, the first one that should be running the master job
is not started up. Similar errors appear if i run gamess, for multiple machines,
 when the master node is not the first on in the hostlist settings. For example
if i run something like:

/home/visible/apps/gamess/ddikick.x /home/visible/apps/gamess/gamess.01.x exam20
-ddi 2 2 compute-0-0:cpus=1 compute-0-1:cpus=1 -scr /home/lukacm/scr/

from main node called rocks.research.pdx.edu, the result is the same. However it
works if i run something like :

ssh compute-0-0 /home/visible/apps/gamess/ddikick.x
/home/visible/apps/gamess/gamess.01.x exam20 -ddi 2 2 compute-0-0:cpus=1
compute-0-1:cpus=1 -scr /home/lukacm/scr/

I attached an example of the generated script from subgms, for a given job. I
did not made any modifications to subgms_export.

The environment is set up according to the specifications and bot startgames.sh
and stopgamess.sh are correctly installed.

thank you

martin

Quoting Reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de>:

> Sure, it worked for me.
>
> Hi Martin,
>
> what problems did you encounter? What did you set up in detail? For
> me the rungms script was a little bit to convoluted, and so I tried
> to shrink it as much as possible.
>
> -- Reuti
>

> Am 21.08.2006 um 21:13 schrieb lukacm at pdx.edu:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > i followed the proceedure describe in the mailing lists about how
> > to integrate
> > the gamess into SGE, however i could not make it run. I was
> > wondering if there
> > is someone who had it succesfully run or who would be using the
> > rungms script
> > with SGE.
> >
> > the rungms script is working and i can get a parallel execution of
> > the program
> > however i was not able to run gamess using the method provided at:
> > http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/ReadMsg?list=users&msgNo=8769
> >
> > thank you
> >
> > martin

    [ Part 3: "Attached Text" ]