[GE users] ptf complains: Job does not exist

Thiep Duong Thiep.Duong at am.necel.com
Mon Aug 21 23:26:11 BST 2006

Hi Reuti,

Today I found a little more information on this problem.
If I add fonts definition in my .Xdefaults, Ex:
xterm*font:             9x15bold  (or 8x13)

The problem of my qsh went away!!! Without a proper xterm*font
I can open qsh on my linux's execution host without any difficulty.
But it will fail when I try on solaris's execution host.

I do qsh -now no so I can do qstat -j <job-id>
The good session give me soemthng like:
job_number:                 29504
submission_time:            Fri Aug 18 12:02:02 2006
scheduling info:            queue instance "linux16G.q at optlinux4" dropped
because it is temporarily not available
                             queue instance "linux64G.q at optqlinux10" dropped
because it is disabled
                             queue instance "linux16G.q at optlinux10" dropped
because it is full
                             cannot run in queue instance "linux8G.q at xlinux4"
because it is not  contained in its hard queue list (-q)
                             cannot run in queue instance "solaris8G.q at isd35"
because it is not contained in its hard queue list (-q)
many lines similar to the above.

Comparing to the failed solaris host:
                             queue instance "linux64G.q at optqlinux3" dropped because it is full
                             queue instance "linux8G.q at xlinux6" dropped because it is full
                             queue instance "linux8G.q at xlinux7" dropped because it is full
                             queue instance "linux8G.q at xlinux9" dropped because it is full
                             queue instance "linux8G.q at xlinux10" dropped because it is full
Most of my cluster/host are not there.

Now I do have a work around to add xterm*font definition in
my .Xdefaults so the issue is not critical anymore.  However, I still
wonder is there any problem with SGE's scheduler?  and very interest to
find out what is the root cause of it.

Thanks for all who is replying to the thread.

Thiep