[GE users] submit host

Sean Dilda sean at duke.edu
Wed Aug 23 21:03:40 BST 2006

Christian Fernandez wrote:
> I need to make my personal desktop a submit hosts I moved all the
> binaries etc but is not working, so I am wondering
> if I need to execute any SGE daemons,(even if I was trying to avoid this
> and only install a small part instead the whole thing)  all the docs
> refer in how to enable a submit host qconf -as very good but it wont say
> what to install on one of this.. it expects that you are going to use a
> node or the master sge server to submit.. I am trying to just copy the
> necessary to my desktop to summit jobs.
> can someone point me out to a document were it specifies how to run a
> submit  hosts that is not a exec host or athe master hosts?

You don't need any daemons running.  You need the binaries installed.
If you are using NFS to share SGE data across the cluster, you need that
mounted.  You need to use 'qconf -as' to add the host.  You also need to
make sure the config files on the submit host match the rest of the
cluster.  And you need to make sure there's no network block keeping you
from talking to the master.  That's it.