[GE users] submit host

Christian Fernandez cfernandez at voicesignal.com
Wed Aug 23 21:19:19 BST 2006

Thats, that was it, I didnt though I needed the services file since I am
not running daemons on my desktop.
now I have another small issue :-)

error: commlib error: access denied (client IP resolved to host name "".
This is not identical to clients host name "")
unable to contact qmaster using port 550 on host "sge.xxx.xxx"

but....

in the master:

qconf -ss
mydesktop.xxx.xxx
sge.xxx.xxx

I added my desktop with the command qconf -as mydesktop.xxx.xx

any ideas?

Thanks.

Sean Dilda wrote:
> Christian Fernandez wrote:
>> thanks for clearing it for me,
>> I do have the $SGE_ROOT/default the cell name is default.
>> but when I run qstat for example I get:
>> I souce the settings.sh file
>>
>> qstat
>> error: could not get environment variable SGE_QMASTER_PORT or service
>> "sge_qmaster"
>
> Do you set the value for 'sge_qmaster' in /etc/services on your
> cluster nodes?  If so, you'll need to set it on your workstation as
> well, or set the 'SGE_QMASTER_PORT' variable before running any SGE
> commands.  You'll need all SGE environment variables set the same way
> they are on the cluster.

    [ Part 2: "Attached Text" ]