[GE users] submit host

Brooks Davis brooks at aero.org
Wed Aug 23 21:19:57 BST 2006

On Wed, Aug 23, 2006 at 04:11:18PM -0400, Christian Fernandez wrote:
> thanks for clearing it for me,
> I do have the $SGE_ROOT/default
> the cell name is default.
> but when I run qstat for example I get:
> I souce the settings.sh file
>
> qstat
> error: could not get environment variable SGE_QMASTER_PORT or service
> "sge_qmaster"

This error pretty much means what it says.  Since settings.sh isn't
setting SGE_QMASTER_PORT you presumably have a sge_qmaster entry in
your master's services database (/etc/services).  You either need to
copy that entry to your desktop or modify settings.sh to set
SGE_QMASTER_PORT to the appropriate value.

-- Brooks