[GE users] multiplied resource limits with pe

Gerd Marquardt marquardt at rrzn.uni-hannover.de
Thu Aug 24 16:15:57 BST 2006

Hello,
we have a cluster with 4-way-nodes.
Running a simple Job which use a parallel environment and restrict some
resource limits, the limits are multiplied.
For example the Job:
#$ -pe mpi 4
#$ -l h_vmem=128M
#$ -l h_stack=32M
echo ulimit -d
ulimit -d
echo ulimit -s
ulimit -s

Produce this output:
ulimit -d
524288
ulimit -s
131072

The limits are multiplied by 4.
How can I avoid this behavior?

We have Red Hat EL4, we have defined a pe for our shared memory programs
( OpenMP). Here also a defined time limit (h_cpu) is multiplied. The
limit have no affect on the process but on the threads. So mostly the
process run 4 times too long.

--
 Gerd Marquardt