[GE users] submit jobs to specific hosts

Sean Dilda sean at duke.edu
Wed Aug 30 19:27:11 BST 2006

Nano Surbakti wrote:
> On 8/29/06, Davide Cittaro <davide.cittaro at ifom-ieo-campus.it> wrote:
>>
>> Sorry for the stupid question, but is sge_execd running on nodes?
>
> Yup.. it's running. I have tested it to run a simple job.

It sounds like sge_execd was communicating with sge_qmaster, thens
topped.  Please check that sge_execd is still running.  Please look in
the 'messages' files in the sge_qmaster spool directory, and the
sge_execd spool directory for the node.  Those files often have useful
information when something goes wrong.