[GE users] CPU limit in mpi jobs

Rui Ramos rramos at iric.up.pt
Thu Aug 31 18:17:02 BST 2006

 Hi Reuti ,

  thanks on the quick reply.

> AFAIK you have to recompile SGE to support Tight Integration using
> SSH with:
>
> -tight-ssh        -> compile SSH daemon with tight SGE integration
>
> SGE will assign a special additonal group ID with it's own rshd to
> monitor the usage by this additional group ID. With the default sshd
> this additonal group ID won't be used. So you need the special sshd
> version from SGE.

 Ok din't know that, i was using the binaries. So i've downloaded the maintrunk from CVS and compiled gridengine with the option -tight-ssh. But i don't get a sshd binary !? is this ok ?
 the only binaries i have is rsh,rshd and rlogin that i could set in the parallel env. config.

Another issue related to this, i have a submission machine with another arch (32bits). Now i can't submit, from that one i get:

error: can't unpack gdi request
error: error unpacking gdi request: bad argument
Unable to run job: failed receiving gdi request.
Exiting.

I've also had the same problem in the main cluster, but after updating the sge_execd things started to work. But in this case i can't simply use the same binaries because they are 64bits. Must i create new binaries also for this other machine ?

                                           Thanks in advance, for all the help

> -- Reuti

- --
 Rui Manuel dos Santos Ramos

 Instituto de Recursos e Iniciativas Comuns
 Praca Gomes Teixeira, 4099-002 Porto, Portugal

 phone : +351 223 401 571
 e-mail: rramos[at]iric.up.pt
    web: http://ruiramos.homeip.net