[GE users] Usage of the tcsh-Shell instead the bash-Shell --> Problems

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon Jan 2 12:17:31 GMT 2006

The SGE_O_SHELL is just the shell used during submisision of the job,
hence logged in with bash and then:

reuti at login:~> chsh -s /bin/tcsh
Changing login shell for reuti.
Password:
Shell changed.
reuti at login:~> qrsh "(source /usr/sge/default/common/settings.csh;
qstat -j 6182)"
sge_o_shell:                /bin/bash

it's still bash. And -S would only allow to change the shell for
posix_compliant job scripts - won't help either for qrsh.

I think, the only option would be to have the starting script for the
Tight Integration to be generic in some way, or just convert it to tcsh.

-- Reuti