[GE users] Usage of the tcsh-Shell instead the bash-Shell --> Problems

Sebastian ChiefShadow at gmx.de
Tue Jan 3 08:49:25 GMT 2006

> Von: Reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de>
> An: users at gridengine.sunsource.net
> Betreff: Re: [GE users] Usage of the tcsh-Shell instead the bash-Shell -->
> Problems
> Datum: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 13:17:31 +0100
>
> The SGE_O_SHELL is just the shell used during submisision of the job,
> hence logged in with bash and then:
>
> reuti at login:~> chsh -s /bin/tcsh
> Changing login shell for reuti.
> Password:
> Shell changed.
> reuti at login:~> qrsh "(source /usr/sge/default/common/settings.csh;
> qstat -j 6182)"
> sge_o_shell:                /bin/bash
>
> it's still bash. And -S would only allow to change the shell for
> posix_compliant job scripts - won't help either for qrsh.
>
> I think, the only option would be to have the starting script for the
> Tight Integration to be generic in some way, or just convert it to tcsh.

What do you mean with generic, how should this work?

What function has qrsh, it is started in the rsh_wrapper, but how does it
work and which environment does qrsh use when it is started?

--
DSL-Aktion wegen großer Nachfrage bis 28.2.2006 verlängert:
GMX DSL-Flatrate 1 Jahr kostenlos* http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl