[GE users] About checkpointing and job migration

puff at hpc.ee.ntu.edu.tw puff at hpc.ee.ntu.edu.tw
Wed Jan 4 12:41:55 GMT 2006

    [ The following text is in the "big5" character set. ]

Hi,I have 2 questions:

1.
I had read some reference. But I'm still confused what the differences
are between User level and kernel level checkpointing. If you know the
answers, please tell me "with some examples". Thank you!!

2.
I try to test job migration with checkpointing. I found that the migrated
job always restart execution instead of continue execution. I use cray
checkpoint object.

Thank you.