[GE users] Anybody able to get SGE MPICH2 Tight Integration via SSH working?

Jonathan Schreiter jonathanschreiter at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 5 14:09:34 GMT 2006

Hi Mate,
Yes, I have a .smpd file in my home folder.  I am able
to get mpich2 working with a loose integration on
multiple exe hosts using the existing $SGE_ROOT/mpi
scripts (such as the mpich2 provided cpi example).

Reuti stated that I do not need to modify any of the
files that accompany his howto (rsh, start_mpich2.c,
startmpi2.sh) - and that changing the cluster config
to match the ssh howto doc should be all I need to do.

Did you need to do anything special to integrate ssh
in to SGE (namely qrsh) beyond this?  If I try to run:
#ssh <exehostname> hostname
#ssh <exehostname>
both work fine (without the need for a passphrase)

But if I try to run:
#qrsh -verbose <exehostname> hostname
waiting for interactive job to be scheduled ...timeout
(5 s) expired while waiting on socket fd 5

I'm running Fedora Core 4 linux 32bit with openssh
4.2p1 on all systems.  Any help would be grealy
appreciated - I'm running out of ideas here.

Many thanks!
Jonathan