[GE users] How delete unused host

Marcel Mohr marcel at physik.TU-Berlin.DE
Fri Jan 6 18:26:23 GMT 2006

Hello

I'm a new user of SGE in a small (8Computer) Cluster environment, with
network booting clients. It
works, but as I try to be perfect (;-) ) there are some small things, that
could be improved.

Main concern
I cant get a host out of the queue. The host is not existing anymore, if i
try do delete the host i get
"Host object "david001.ltsp" is still
referenced in cluster queue "s"."
Even with a restart it is still there.

Besides i got some other questions:
1.) Is it possible to increase the column size for some values (esp.
JobName and Queue) in qstat and qmon ?
2.) The host with qmaster running is a NFS Server for all exec hosts. Not
only therefore i want this one, to be the last computer, on which jobs
should be run.
What would be the easiest way to achieve this. I tried to reduce cpu
scaling, but that didn't solve it.

Thanks a lot in advance

Regards
Marcel