[GE users] qrsh ctrl-c jobs remain pending

Kirk Patton kpatton at transmeta.com
Fri Jan 6 20:42:51 GMT 2006

Here is how to reproduce the issue.

Submit a job that is guaranteed to pend.  For testing, I submitted to a
disabled queue...

Next, kill the terminal window where the qrsh job was submitted
from.

Check on the job and it should still be pending.

One of my users has stated that the jobs that remain hanging around
do start up and consume processor time once the resource becomes
available.

My test case has been hanging for the last few minutes.

Thanks,
Kirk

On Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 11:52:46PM +0100, Reuti wrote:
> Am 05.01.2006 um 23:38 schrieb Kirk Patton:
>
> >Hello all,
> >
> >I have an annoying issue with qrsh jobs and SGE.  If a user
> >ctrl-c's a job before it is dispatched, it remains pending in
> >the queue until a user manually run 'qdel job_id'.
> >
> >Does anyone know why jobs would behave in this manner?
> >Any fixes?
> >

> I don't see this on x86, SuSE 9.3, SGE 6.0u6. You mean qrsh or qrsh
> <command> and pressing ctrl-c just after <return>?
>
> Is QLOGIN also mentioned as job name for this pending job? - Reuti
>
> >Thanks,
> >Kirk
> >

> >--
> >Kirk Patton