[GE users] Use 2*2 CPUs instead of 4*1 CPUs (for example)

Andreas Haas Andreas.Haas at Sun.COM
Mon Jan 9 11:02:26 GMT 2006

first of all a happy and healty new year to the entire Grid Engine open souce
community!

Sebastian, since you *always* want to have 2 slots per node you could also
use

   allocation_rule   2

it must show exactly the same overall behavoir, but you might benefit
performance-wise from the fact that it will be "easier" for GE scheduler
to find matching solution in schedule runs for your LAM-MPI jobs. Though
I never made related performance tests, but I'd expect some difference
could be measured.

Cheers,
Andreas