[GE users] How delete unused host

Marcel Mohr marcel at physik.TU-Berlin.DE
Mon Jan 9 14:05:06 GMT 2006

On Mon, 9 Jan 2006, Reuti wrote:

>> Main concern
>> I cant get a host out of the queue. The host is not existing anymore, if i
>> try do delete the host i get
>> "Host object "david001.ltsp" is still referenced in cluster queue "s"."
>> Even with a restart it is still there.
>>

> is the machine still in a hostgroup? It might be necessary to add it
> temporarily to /etc/hosts to remove it from SGE and delete the entry again.
It is still in /etc/hosts but is physically not existant anymore. I can't
delete it from the host group. I get the error from above.

> Do you want to run jobs on the head node at all? If you don't intend to do
> so, you can remove it from the list of execution hosts and stop the execd
> there (so no need to start it if you start the machine - just the sgemaster).

No, not really at all. But I would like to first fill all nodes with jobs,
and at last use the head node.
I solved it now, with adding a second queue with only the head node in it,
and using a larger sequence number than the other queue.

Kind regards
Marcel