[GE users] GE 5.3p6 not working on SuSE 10.0 64-bit

Richard Hobbs richard.hobbs at crl.toshiba.co.uk
Tue Jan 10 10:05:52 GMT 2006

Hello,

It appears that insserv is already installed and working, but what is "afs"?
I have installed openafs and tried the install again, but it doesn't appear
to have made any difference.

Within the services, I can see "openafs-client" but nothing called just
"afs". Is this what I need to enable?

The reason I'm so confused is that I don't remember seeing this under RedHat
8.0 at all, so why is it needed in SuSE 10?

Thanks again,
Hobbs.

--
Richard Hobbs (Systems Administrator)
Toshiba Research Europe Ltd. - Speech Technology Group
Normal Email: richard.hobbs at crl.toshiba.co.uk
Mobile Email: mobile at mongeese.co.uk