[GE users] GE 5.3p6 not working on SuSE 10.0 64-bit

Andy Schwierskott andy.schwierskott at sun.com
Tue Jan 10 14:27:34 GMT 2006

Hi,

in case you run into installation troubles you could remove "afs" from the

   <sge_root>/util/startup_template

file:

### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides:       rcsge
# Required-Start: $network afs
# Required-Stop:
# Default-Start:  3 5
# Default-Stop: 0 1 2 6
### END INIT INFO

and try the installation again. I assume you don't want to install SGE with AFS
support?

Andy