[GE users] Globus or not to Globus?

Emir Imamagic eimamagi at srce.hr
Wed Jan 11 09:08:06 GMT 2006

    [ The following text is in the "ISO-8859-2" character set. ]

Globus adds significant amount of complexity both to user and
administrator, however it is the only way . Installation of Globus is
not too complicated, documentation of latest version (gt4.0.1) is pretty
straight forward. We have several clusters with Gt4+SGE combination and
it works fine.

There is an SGE component that will maybe make all this easier, but I
dont have any experience with it:
Transfer-queue Over Globus (http://gridengine.sunsource.net/tog.html)

Actually there is an alternative to Globus -
UNICORE(http://unicore.sourceforge.net/). It has pretty nice Java
interface and it is slightly easier to deploy.

Cheers,
emir