[GE users] Globus or not to Globus?

Andreas Haas Andreas.Haas at Sun.COM
Wed Jan 11 11:10:26 GMT 2006

Hi Stefan,

then I believe you got two options

(1) If ldap problems refers to inconsistent user name schemes you would
    have to compile optional user mapping. Unfortunately that would
    require you to use 5.3 Grid Engine since user mapping compile-time
    option still is not yet fixed 6.0 source tree. To deal with the
    remaining nfs server problem is doable based on

         http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/nfsreduce.html

    and solves the problem to the extend nfs access done by Grid Engine is
    concerned.

(2) Rely on Globus functionality to deal with nfs and ldap problems. Since
    I'm Globus-illiterate I can not tell you the drawbacks use of Globus
    would have. Possibly GridWay (uses Globus) could help

         http://www.gridway.org/

    you. Though tith GridWay I either have no experience but I once saw a
    good presentation and my impression was that it is usable. I cc
    Ignacio Martin Llorente from GridWay project.

Regards,
Andreas