[GE users] LAM SGE Integration issues with rocks 4.1

Srividya Valivarthi srividya.v at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 17:55:48 GMT 2006

    I am working with a pentium III rocks cluster which has LAM/MPI
version 7.1.1 and SGE version 6.0. I am trying to get the loose
integration mechanism with rsh working with SGE and LAM as suggested
by the following post on this mailing list
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/lam-integration/lam-integration.html

However, on submitting the jobs to the queue, i get the following error message
It seems that there is no lamd running on the host compute-0-5.local.

This indicates that the LAM/MPI runtime environment is not operating.
The LAM/MPI runtime environment is necessary for the "mpirun" command.

Please run the "lamboot" command the start the LAM/MPI runtime
environment.  See the LAM/MPI documentation for how to invoke
"lamboot" across multiple machines.
But, lamnodes  command shows all the nodes on the system and i can
also see the lamd deamon running on the local compute nodes.  Any
ideas on the what the issue could be are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Srividya