[GE users] scheduling questions

Richard Smith r.smith at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Thu Jan 12 15:44:40 GMT 2006

Hi

1. Will SGE chose faster nodes over slower nodes automatically, or do I
have to configure this behaviour? (E.g. put faster nodes into a different
queue?)  So far it appears to be doing this, but I wonder if it is just a
side effect of the fast nodes appearing at the top of the hostgroup.

2. When the system load is over a certain value, I understand SGE will not
schedule jobs on a node.  How do I change this value (or disable this
check completely)?  I don't want CPUs sitting idle because the system
load happens to have gone slightly too high a few minutes previously.

Thanks.

--
Richard