[GE users] client IP resolved to host name .. not identical to ...

christian reissmann Christian.Reissmann at Sun.COM
Fri Jan 13 13:19:59 GMT 2006

Hi Tim,

the problem may occur when the ip name resolving is different on qmaster and execd host:

1) qmaster thinks its (own) host name is "Y" and sends it to the execd at connection time

2) execd host resolves the ip adress of qmaster host (got from accept() call) to "X"

3) "X" and "Y" should be the same on each host

Does the $SGE_ROOT/utilbin/arch/get* return the same names for qmaster AND
execd host on both hosts (qmaster and execd)?

Does your /etc/hosts file look good on each host (not only on the qmaster host)?

Best regards,

Christian

Christian Reissmann    Tel: +49 (0)941 3075 112  mailto:crei at sun.com
Software Engineer      Fax: +49 (0)941 3075 222  http://www.sun.com/gridengine
Sun Microsystems GmbH, Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7,
D-93049 Regensburg,    Tel: +49 (0)941 3075 0