[GE users] Queue problem

Andre Thomas athomas at forensicmedia.co.uk
Fri Jan 13 14:44:50 GMT 2006

I have the following problem and was wondering if anyone could help me.

I've got machines 010 -> 200 in my All.q queue, whereby machines 100 ->
113 are also in my Nuke queue because they require special software,
however when these are not used they can be used by other processes. I
have now turned on an additional 600 procs and would like to
isolate the Nuke queue so only Nuke jobs get on it.

Here is what I did, create a new @Nuke host group which contains
machines 100 -> 113, removed them from the All.q and any other queues,
and set the Nuke queue to use only @Nuke group (all of this via the GUI).

However the procs. on the Nuke queue are still being used by other
processes and I can't figure what I missed. Do I have to uninstall and
reinstall the machines or is there something else I am missing here?

Your help is much appreciated.