[GE users] mixed afs environment and pag_cmd

Kirk Patton kpatton at transmeta.com
Tue Jan 17 15:48:54 GMT 2006

Hello all,

I am making progress getting my SGE/AFS test cluster set up, but my real environment is mixed.
We have some AFS machines, and some that do not do AFS.

I was considering setting my 'pag_cmd' to a script that can test the target system for the
presence of the /afs directory.  If it is there, then the job would authenticated the user
using afs.  If it was not there, then the job would skip afs authentication.

I was thinking of a script allong the lines of

#!/bin/bash

if [ -d /afs ]; then
  exec /usr/afswf/bin/pagsh -c $*
else