[GE users] np_load_avg definition

Tue Jan 17 17:05:59 GMT 2006

Goncalo,

It is the average number of jobs on the system's run queue in the last
five minutes, divided by the number of processors.  I don't know what
the time interval used to calculate the average is.  You should be able
to write a formula from that.  Since it's tough to understandably
represent sums in ASCII, I'm not going to even try.

Daniel

Goncalo Borges wrote On 01/16/06 17:04,:

>Hi again,
>I didn't express myself correctly.
>What I really want to know is how the "np_load_avg" variable is computed
>for each host (i. e., the "mathematical" expression).
>
>Thanks
>	Cheers
>	Goncalo
>

>On Mon, 16 Jan 2006, John Coldrick wrote:
>

>>On Monday 16 January 2006 10:45, Goncalo Borges wrote:
>>

>>>Hi everybody,
>>>Do you know where I can the np_load_avg definition ?
>>>

>>	Not sure where exactly it is in the docs, but on Linux type "uptime" into a
>>shell and the middle number of those last three numbers is the np_load_avg
>>that will be returned by the execution host.  If you used "np_load_sh" in
>>your queue definition, that's the first of the three, the "short" value.
>>
>>	Cheers,
>>
>>	J.C.

*        Daniel Templeton   UMPK18 x83749         *
*       Staff Engineer, Sun N1 Grid Engine        *
*   An "intellectual" is a man who takes more     *
* words than he needs to say more than he knows.  *
*                       -Dwight D. Eisenhower     *