[GE users] Does SGE knows the real memory consumption of a host at scheduling time?

Rayson Ho rayrayson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 20:50:19 GMT 2006

Users can request for the amount of memory needed for their jobs at
qsub time with "-l". See the manpage of qsub(1) and complex(5).

You can also write a load sensor to look at the memory consumption of
the machine, and the load sensor can do a qmod to disable the queue
instance (QI), so that no further jobs will be dispatched to the QI.

Rayson