[GE users] exec hosts moving to E state

Yogesh Bhanu yogesh at gsf.de
Wed Jan 18 11:52:58 GMT 2006

Hi all ,
          Dont know if anybody has faced this problem .
I upgraded my SGE from 6.0u6 to 6.0u7 .
The upgrade went fine except that two of my hosts went into E state.

My setup

I have a Mixed cluster enevironment of AMD64 and x86.
The sge master is on AMD64  the sge resides on an nfs partitiion
but I use local spooling.
Two of my hosts on x86 which were running before have swicthed to E state.

if I do qstat -explain E I get the following error.
longwks32.q at mws4.gsf.de        BIP   0/1       0.52     lx24-x86      E
         error: error message not spooled! (no classic spooling support)

Though qhost reports workstation station stats fine.

Any pointers to debug and/or fix the issue.

Thanks
yogesh