[GE users] Advanced Reservation

Marko Krznaric marko at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Jan 18 15:47:52 GMT 2006

Hi there,

Is there a possibility for a user to reserve an SGE resource,
that is, is advanced reservation implemented in SGE?

For example, I'd like to book a compute resource tomorrow
from 4-6pm and be guaranteed that resource? Could I do that
without bothering SGE admin?

I've heard that Maui scheduler, which could be used as an
external scheduler for the SGE, supports advanced reservation.
However, I couldn't make SGE/Maui to work together. Maui
could (successfully) be integrated to other, mostly PBS-based,
resource management systems - however, I want to stick with
the SGE.

I believe that the advanced reservation functionality is
getting more and more important and it would be a great
addition to the SGE. Of course, forgive me if such a thing
already exists :-)

Thanks and best wishes,
Marko

--
Dr Marko Krznaric
Department of Computing, Imperial College London, UK