[GE users] Details on rsh Security Bug Fixed in 6.0u7_1

Steve Waltner steve.waltner at engenio.com
Mon Jan 23 17:59:14 GMT 2006

Thank you for the notice about the problem with rsh and the new
release a couple hours ago that fixed the problem.

I'm curious when this bug was introduced into the codebase. We are
currently running 6.0u6 and I hadn't really planned on upgrading our
installation since this is working fine for us (so far). If this bug
in rsh was not introduced with 6.0u7 and exists in our installation,
I'll probably go ahead and upgrade. I searched for bugid 6366691 on
http://sunsolve.sun.com/, but couldn't find any details on the bug.

Steve