[GE users] Details on rsh Security Bug Fixed in 6.0u7_1

Mon Jan 23 19:59:07 GMT 2006

Brooks,

The issue has been around as long as the rsh utility.  I was only able
to track it back to 5.2 using the CVS tree.  It was probably there
before that, though.

Daniel

Brooks Davis wrote On 01/23/06 20:52,:

>On Mon, Jan 23, 2006 at 11:59:14AM -0600, Steve Waltner wrote:
>

>>Thank you for the notice about the problem with rsh and the new
>>release a couple hours ago that fixed the problem.
>>
>>I'm curious when this bug was introduced into the codebase. We are
>>currently running 6.0u6 and I hadn't really planned on upgrading our
>>installation since this is working fine for us (so far). If this bug
>>in rsh was not introduced with 6.0u7 and exists in our installation,
>>I'll probably go ahead and upgrade. I searched for bugid 6366691 on
>>http://sunsolve.sun.com/, but couldn't find any details on the bug.
>>

>Similarly, I'm interested in knowing if this effects SGE 5.  If it does,
>I need to mark the FreeBSD ports forbidden and add appropriate entries
>to the vulnerabilities database.
>
>-- Brooks

*        Daniel Templeton   UMPK18 x83749         *
*       Staff Engineer, Sun N1 Grid Engine        *
*   An "intellectual" is a man who takes more     *
* words than he needs to say more than he knows.  *
*                       -Dwight D. Eisenhower     *