[GE users] Details on rsh Security Bug Fixed in 6.0u7_1

Mon Jan 23 20:27:40 GMT 2006

Rayson,

As I understand it, we have also released a 5.3p7 patch which includes
the rsh fix.

Daniel

Rayson Ho wrote On 01/23/06 21:14,:

>Any plans to backport the fix to the 5.3 branch?? AFAIK, FreeBSD and
>NetBSD by default use the 5.3 branch...
>
>Brooks, does the "port" pull the source directly from the GE project
>cvs or does it pull a special source tarball from the freebsd ftp
>site??
>
>Rayson
>

>On 1/23/06, Brooks Davis <brooks at aero.org> wrote:
>

>>Similarly, I'm interested in knowing if this effects SGE 5.  If it does,
>>I need to mark the FreeBSD ports forbidden and add appropriate entries
>>to the vulnerabilities database.
>>
>>-- Brooks

*        Daniel Templeton   UMPK18 x83749         *
*       Staff Engineer, Sun N1 Grid Engine        *
*   An "intellectual" is a man who takes more     *
* words than he needs to say more than he knows.  *
*                       -Dwight D. Eisenhower     *