[GE users] Dual Core Dual CPU Opteron but only 2 Slots

Andy Schwierskott andy.schwierskott at sun.com
Tue Jan 24 09:13:53 GMT 2006

Sebastian,

2 dual core CPUs should show up as a 4 CPU machine.

What does "loadcheck" return? what OS are you running. Solaris or Linux?

I know that on (at least on some) PC's with Intel Intel's hyperthreading
Pentium (which shows up as two CPUs) it was possible to tunr the dual-CPU
reporting off in the BIOS.

Andy