[GE users] Max. number of processor per user ?

Jean-Paul Minet minet at cism.ucl.ac.be
Wed Jan 25 07:46:38 GMT 2006

I also do feel that something a "max_u_slots" would be helpful in a mixed
environment where sequential and parallel jobs are running (and therefore where
max_u_jobs isn't really meaningful in terms of resource used).

Jean-paul

Reuti wrote:
> Am 24.01.2006 um 17:28 schrieb In-Saeng Suh:
>

>> Thanks for your quick reply.
>> I know the max number of job per user.
>>
>> Anyway how about for SGE 6 ? Can I control the max mumber of proc  per
>> user
>> on SGE 6 ?
>>

> Also not by default. But you could setup a global consumable for each
> user, and put a default request for this resource in their personal
> $HOME/.sge_request (man sge_request). This should also be possible  with
> 5.3.
>
> If they agree and not try to bypass it (or don't tell them), this  could
> work. - Reuti
>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> In-Saeng Suh
>> University of Notre Dame              Phone:574-631-9437
>> Office of Information Technologies    Fax  :574-631-9283
>> IT Center, Box 539
>> Notre Dame, IN 46556-0539             Email:isuh at nd.edu
>>
>> On Tue, 24 Jan 2006, Reuti wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,

>>> not per individual user, but you can set:
>>>
>>> $ qconf -msconf
>>> maxujobs                          0
>>>
>>> for running jobs of each user. Or
>>>
>>> $ qconf -mconf
>>> max_u_jobs                   0
>>>
>>> for the total of pending+running jobs for each user. - Reuti

Jean-Paul Minet
Gestionnaire CISM - Institut de Calcul Intensif et de Stockage de Masse
Université Catholique de Louvain
Tel: (32) (0)10.47.35.67 - Fax: (32) (0)10.47.34.52