[GE users] License problem

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Jan 25 22:01:45 GMT 2006

Am 25.01.2006 um 22:50 schrieb Andre Thomas:

> no I didn't since this doesn't do it, but I've created a new
> separate resource 'forced' for requesting this specific queue.

Okay.

> thanks for the quick reply
>
> andre
>
> Reuti wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Am 25.01.2006 um 22:04 schrieb Andre Thomas:
>>
>>> I've got a weird problem.
>>>
>>> I've got 28 licenses and a special queue that's requested by
>>> users  if they need to run the software, but all the machines are
>>> dual procs.
>>>
>>> Until last week all was fine. However all the sudden only 1
>>> license  per proc is used and when jobs are queuing I get:
>>>
>>> cannot run in queue instance because it offers only
>>> qc:License=0.00000

Is there a default request of the complex for licenses? Or do you
mean that you can only run on each node one time this special
software (although they are dual proc). Did you specify by accident
the license complex instead of the boolean one in the queue definition?

To avoid the boolean complex at all, maybe you could also attach the
license complex to all other queues, but set their value their to zero.

Other options to look into:

$ qhost -F

$ qstat -F

HTH - Reuti