[GE users] License problem

Andre Thomas athomas at forensicmedia.co.uk
Wed Jan 25 22:26:21 GMT 2006


    [ The following text is in the "ISO-8859-1" character set. ]
    [ Your display is set for the "ISO-8859-10" character set.  ]
    [ Some special characters may be displayed incorrectly. ]



Reuti wrote:

> Am 25.01.2006 um 22:50 schrieb Andre Thomas:
>
>> no I didn't since this doesn't do it, but I've created a new  
>> separate resource 'forced' for requesting this specific queue.
>>
>
> Okay.
>
>> thanks for the quick reply
>>
>> andre
>>
>> Reuti wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Am 25.01.2006 um 22:04 schrieb Andre Thomas:
>>>
>>>> I've got a weird problem.
>>>>
>>>> I've got 28 licenses and a special queue that's requested by  
>>>> users  if they need to run the software, but all the machines are  
>>>> dual procs.
>>>>
>>>> Until last week all was fine. However all the sudden only 1  
>>>> license  per proc is used and when jobs are queuing I get:
>>>>
>>>> cannot run in queue instance because it offers only  
>>>> qc:License=0.00000
>>>>
>
> Is there a default request of the complex for licenses? 

yes, when ever a certain job is run requiring the software it requests: 
1. License, 2. complex boolean queue, 3. queue

> Or do you  mean that you can only run on each node one time this 
> special  software (although they are dual proc). Did you specify by 
> accident  the license complex instead of the boolean one in the queue 
> definition?

Oh, yes you are right, when setting up the boolean complex I also put 
the license complex in the queue definition. I'll remove it and try if 
that solves the problem.

cheers

andre

>
> To avoid the boolean complex at all, maybe you could also attach the  
> license complex to all other queues, but set their value their to zero.
>
> Other options to look into:
>
> $ qhost -F
>
> $ qstat -F
>
> HTH - Reuti
>
>
>>>> but running my load_sensor I do get the correct number of free   
>>>> licenses returned.
>>>>
>>>> I have to ideas, but wanted to ask for opinions:
>>>>
>>>> 1. after creating a boolean complex forcing the requesting of  the  
>>>> queue, last week, this is the result
>>>>
>>>
>>> you mean, you changed the "INT" of the complex which counts the   
>>> licenses to "BOOLEAN"? - Reuti
>>>
>>>> 2. we got a new license file in for GUI version, which was  
>>>> combined  with our existing non-GUI license file in house
>>>>
>>>> anybody got any ideas or suggestions?
>>>>
>>>> cheers
>>>>
>>>> andre
>>>>
>>>> -------------------------------------------------------------------- -
>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe at gridengine.sunsource.net
>>>> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help at gridengine.sunsource.net
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe at gridengine.sunsource.net
>>> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help at gridengine.sunsource.net
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe at gridengine.sunsource.net
>> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help at gridengine.sunsource.net
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe at gridengine.sunsource.net
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help at gridengine.sunsource.net
>
>
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe at gridengine.sunsource.net
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help at gridengine.sunsource.net




More information about the gridengine-users mailing list