[GE users] License problem

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Jan 25 22:37:31 GMT 2006

Am 25.01.2006 um 23:26 schrieb Andre Thomas:

<snip>
>> Is there a default request of the complex for licenses?
>
> yes, when ever a certain job is run requiring the software it
> requests: 1. License, 2. complex boolean queue, 3. queue

I meant the number in the "qconf -sc" for a default request. But this
isn't the issue I think. I'm not sure, whether you really need all
three things to specify. If you have the boolean attached to just one
queue, this will also imply to get the correct queue I think.

>> Or do you  mean that you can only run on each node one time this
>> special  software (although they are dual proc). Did you specify
>> by accident  the license complex instead of the boolean one in the
>> queue definition?
>
> Oh, yes you are right, when setting up the boolean complex I also
> put the license complex in the queue definition. I'll remove it and
> try if that solves the problem.
>
> cheers
>
> andre
>

>> To avoid the boolean complex at all, maybe you could also attach
>> the  license complex to all other queues, but set their value
>> their to zero.

LOL - ...not their - there to zero. But okay, other jobs might end up
in this special queue of course. Okay, forget it. - Reuti