[GE users] Setting default job submission parameters in SGE 5.3

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri Jan 27 08:07:50 GMT 2006

Hi Jon,

Am 27.01.2006 um 02:16 schrieb Jon Savian:

> I was wondering if there is a way to set default job parameters to all
> nodes in a cluster.  For example, if i want to enforce a hard 5 hour
> runtime limit on all jobs submitted without the user having to include
> h_rt...., how would i do this?  Also specifying a default job output

the h_rt you can set in the queue definition (of course for each
queue, in SGE 6.0 you would need this only one time as there are
cluster-queues available). But a small loop can make this easier, like:

$ for i in `seq -w 1 20`; do qconf -mattr queue h_rt 5:0:0 the_queue
$i; done

For the other options

> file, default pe, or cwd etc...

the mentioned files in "man sge_request" will help you out. But
specifying a default PE, all jobs will be parallel I fear. - Reuti