[GE users] Question about patches/upgrade

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri Jan 27 08:22:46 GMT 2006

Hi,

Am 27.01.2006 um 00:09 schrieb Doug Staub:

> All,
>
> I am revisiting an issue I brought up to Sun and never got
> resolution on - I
> am running N1GE 6.0 (base) - can I apply "u7_1" without having to
> install
> any of the previous patches?

what do you see in $SGE_ROOT/default/spool: is the a directory
"spooldb" - then you are using Berkeley spooling.

In case of classic spoling, just stopping ther daemons, untar, and
restart the daemons should work. For BDB spooling you must make an
extra step because of a change in the BDB for early 6.0px releases,
please have a look here:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/install60patch.txt

point 6.

Cheers - Reuti